Sunday, February 21, 2010

China Glaze Lubu Heels & my Nfaux Oh franken

Let me start by saying I loved the idea of ChG Lubu Heels...what's not to love about red glitter suspended in a black jelly base? I thought it would be similar to ChG Fortune Teller, that bottle of black jelly with those gorgeous orange glitter flakes floating in it.

Unfortunately for me, after painting on three coats, what I saw is a black mani. Those gorgeous red microsparkles barely transferred to the nail. In most lights, all my eyes see is b-l-a-c-k, and it's not even a stunning black at that. Oh China Glaze, you had the right idea (high marks for originality), but you failed in execution. I don't need another black (or too close to black to call it anything other than black), I need a black jelly with big, brazen red sparkly glitter!!!

In all fairness to China Glaze, I shouldn't have expected so much. The glitter in Fortune Teller is much larger than that of Lubu Heels. Still, I wanted to see a much bigger flash of red than what I got.

Here's the (very disappointing to me) mani...




Now, on another note, I have been lusting after those Nfu Oh polishes I've seen the ladies on NB and fellow bloggers posting pictures of, especially the flakies. They are all just so freakin' gorgeous. But for some reason, I just can't plunk down the bucks for it. OPI prices tick me off most of the time, but I'll still buy them. However, I refuse to go over $9.00 on a polish...flat out refuse. I'll spend $18 (or more) on a single eyeshadow, but on a polish, NEVER. I know, I don't get my own logic sometimes, either.

So anyway, I'm crusing the aisles over at Sally's when I spot these little jars of flakies, and the inspiration comes to me. Screw Nfu Oh, I'll make my own flaky polish. So I do. Here's my NFaux Oh, over my Chg Lubu Heels.



It is much prettier in person because the reflection of the light changes the color of the flakies, but it still needs a lot of tweaking. I guess Nfu Oh doesn't need to be afraid after all.

2 comments:

Mr. Met said...

When you say "Screw Nfu," it sounds a lot like "Screw You!" Just saying...

Heidi said...

Hi Mr. Met, you giant baseball head, you! I didn't know you cruised nail polish blogs....