Sunday, March 7, 2010

SALLY HANSEN SALON SHRIMPLY DEVINE

Today I am sporting a polish I picked up at Big Lots for a buck, Sally Hansen Salon Shrimply Devine. Again, I don't get this name...it's certainly not the color of shrimp swimming here in the Gulf of Mexico, nor is it the color of cooked shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico. Perhaps it's the color of some type of shrimp I'm not familiar with, from some far away place I've never been. Or perhaps, it's the color of a type of shrimp that is now extinct. But I digress....

I must say, while I like looking at other people's pink polish, I'm generally not a pink polish kind of a girl. I'm making a concerted effort to work my way through my stash, and try to get used to seeing my fingers in colors I don't normally wear.

This applied pretty easily. I used two coats, but kind wish I had gone for a third. It has a slightly long drying time, so I used a coat of Seche Vite to help speed things along. Without further ado, here she is:





I have issued myself a personal challenge to try to wait at least three days before changing a mani, instead of my usual change-it-daily routine. So tomorrow, unless I take a visit to chip city, I will probably just layer something sparkly over it, and the day after that I'll probably break out the ol' Konad. It's going to take me a little bit of time to get used to this color!

No comments: